We are surrounded by embedded electronic systems, which are widely used in automotive, space, industrial, medical, communication and entertainment sectors, constantly contributing to improve our quality of life. Unlike general-use computers, embedded systems are developed integrating hardware (electronic processors and circuits) and firmware (low-level software) to carry out specific tasks.
CPQD has received widespread recognition for their electronics and microelectronics know-how, thus contributing for the development of ever-smaller and ever-quicker cost efficient systems, with greater processing power for the most diverse applications, generating competitive solutions for domestic and foreign customers.
The most important know-how for this platform includes:
Software and Firmware
Embedded software and firmware technologies adapted for platforms with processors and micro-controllers, embedded operational systems, middleware, drivers for hardware interfaces, control systems and automatic code generation.
- Linux, Windows, Android, FreeRTOS, etc.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, CAN, etc.
- PI, PID, neural networks
- Simulink, SCADE, dSPACE
Processors and Controllers
Embedded processor technology for specific applications, soft-core processors and micro-controllers.
- ARM, x86, Arduino
- PIC, 8051
- NIOSII, MicroBlaze
- Beagle Bone, Vybrid, Kontron
Embedded electronic hardware technology, such as connectivity systems, electronic hardware architecture, project automation tools, high-speed digital electronic interfaces, and thermal dissipation for electronic components.
- PCIe, DDR3, Flexbus, SPI, I2C, etc.
Printed Circuit Boards
Highly-complex multilayer printed circuit board technologies, stack-up modeling and simulation, impedance control, layout techniques for EMI/EMC, flexible substrates, Design for Assembly (DFA) and Design for Test (DFT), Signal Integrity, Power Integrity, High-Speed Digital Design.
- HDI Boards, etc.
- Stripline e Microstrip Transmission Line
Modeling, simulation and design of power converters used in power and automotive systems, DC/DC, AC/DC (rectifiers) power-switching converters, DC/AC (inverters), AC/AC (cycloconverters),high-performance semiconductors (SiC, GaN, etc.), Gate Drivers circuit development, electric machine control and starter strategies (electric engine control) and network-connected inverters and power control and management systems (photovoltaic and aeolian energy generation).
- The development of high-performance rectifiers and rechargers for electric vehicles.
- The development of network-connected photovoltaic inverters and electric engine starters (industrial controls, aeolian energy, electric vehicles).
- Energy Control and Battery Management System – BMS (Li-ion, Lead-Acid, etc.).
- The development of ISO 26262 and RTCA/DO-254 compliant ECU for automobiles and space ships.
- The development of high-performance DC/DC for the power and automotive sectors.
- The development of power-switching converters with high-performance semiconductors (SIC and GaN).
TSynchronous and asynchronous digital circuits, combinational and sequential circuits, memory blocks, high-speed transceiver blocks, designing and modeling digital hardware in System Verilog, Verilog, VHDL and SystemC.
- CPLDs e FPGAs
- High-speed interface (transceivers)
Electronic circuit technologies for analog signal conditioning, circuits for optoelectronic conversion (such as optical receivers and transmitters), analog PI and PID controllers, BIAS control for ultra-high frequency drivers, etc.
- Optical receiver circuits (PIN, APD, etc.)
- Optical transmitter circuits (LED, Fabry-Pérot, DFB, ECL, etc.)
- High-frequency BIAS driver control for modulators
- BIAS control for optical modulators (niobate lithium, polymeric)
- Laser control for optical amplifiers (EDFA, RAMAN, etc.)
RF and Microwave Systems
Systems/electronic circuits for high-frequency electrical signal conditioning, typically for telecommunications applications, such as filters, RF amplifiers, modulation and demodulation systems, receivers, RF transmitters and antenna modeling and simulation.
Design, modeling and verification of logical blocks (IP cores) of digital circuits, as well as analog and digital circuit integration for use in ASIC or in programmable logic devices (FPGA).
- ASICs, ASSPs, SoCs, FPGA, CPLD
- IIP cores: OTL4.10, OTL4.4, GFEC10G, AES-256, Scrambler, etc.
Modeling and Simulation
Technologies for the analysis and modeling of electronic circuits and embedded control systems. Functional analysis and simulation of analog and digital electronic circuits, thermal analysis of PCB and hardware subsystems, closed-loop control system simulation (PID, slide mode, predictive control, adaptive control), etc.
- Closed-loop control system simulation using MIL (Model In Loop), HIL (Hardware In Loop), SIP (Software In Loop), PIL (Processor In Loop), digital implementation.
- Simulation of embedded systems using real-time computer models.
Technologies for the mechanical packaging of devices and equipment for power systems, ECU systems (automobiles and spaceships), power storage systems and telecom systems (racks).
- 3D printing
- Chemical etching
- Optical component alignment