CPQD sensing solutions play a central role in detecting, conditioning, analyzing and communicating the most varied physical phenomenon, allowing localization, data retrieval and smart tracking of people and objects of interest for efficient decision-making and action support.
For over 15 years, CPQD has been actively involved in developing sensing solutions for the most diverse sectors, thanks to their multidisciplinary team of specialists and an internationally acclaimed lab infrastructure. These solutions are applied in the most diverse environments, including hostile environments, such as those characterized by high electromagnetic interference, classified areas, and isolated far off regions, without electricity. Examples include systems for detecting and monitoring temperature, deformation, pressure, flow, vibration, electromagnetic fields, positioning and localization, solutions for transporting sensors, among others.
Sensing technologies integrate with other technology platforms (Advanced Computing, Cognitive Computing, Wireless Communications, Optical Communications and Power Systems), making them more efficient and robust for any application the market needs, such as the Internet of Things, Smart Grids, Industry 4.0 and Cities of the Future.
Our solutions feature the following technologies:
Optical technologies for sensing applications.
- Distributed Temperature Sensing – DTS Raman
- Distributed Temperature and Strain Sensing – DTSS Brillouin
- Distributed Acoustic Sensing – DAS Rayleigh
- Fiber Bragg Grating – FBG
- Vision-based sensors
- 3D laser scanner-based sensors
- Micro-structures fiber-based sensors
- PoF sensors
- Optical fiber interferometer
- Fiber curvature sensors
- Rayleigh Optical Time Domain Reflectometer – OTDR
Wireless Sensor Technologies – WST.
- RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology
- Wireless Sensor Network – WSN
- Antenna-based sensors
Radiation sensing applications.
Electric and Electronic Sensors
Sensing technology using electric and electronic parameter monitoring.
- Electromechanical / magnetomechanical transducers in the form of active pads (piezoelectric)
- Magnetic permeability
- Time Domain Reflectometer – TDR
Sensing technology – Vibration monitoring sensors.